I have been wanting an Android smartphone with pure OS (such as AOSP, CM) for long. However, after checking all the phones on market, I could hardly find a well suitable one. Nexus is great but is a little expensive and not easy to purchase in China. Phones made by Chinese manufacures are good and have great cost-performance ratio, but the OS is always filled with all kinds preinstalled apps and a security app which has supreme permissions. Often, the security app will take over many original functions OS should provide, so you cannot disable them. It sucks!
I make a list shows several features expected. Below is a brief description.
- Should be delivered with a pure OS or supported by CM. AOSP will be best.
- Support all kinds of networks, including GSM, CDMA, WCDMA, LTE-TDD, LTE-FDD, etc.
- Support two SIM cards.
- Equipped with an NFC chip.
- Equipped with a fingerprint sensor && placed in the front panel instead of the back.
- Support full disk encryption.
- Storage >= 32GB && RAM >= 3GB.
- Screen size about 5.2 inches.
- Price below ￥2500 ($380).
This list have been existed for more than 1 year and no phones were up to the standard. ( Although I did not explicitly make such a list, but it did exist in my mind. Besides, several features were added lately.)
Recently, I was so excited to find a model almost fully satisfy the requirement. That is Oneplus 3 with official Oxygen OS (oversea version)!